Open date: March 21st, 2019
Last review date: Thursday, Jun 13, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The laboratory is a new research lab within the department of Pathology at UCSF and focuses on understanding the drivers of pre-neoplastic progression, especially around upper GI cancers. Please see https://stachlerlab.ucsf.edu/ for a general outline of the interests and research that is being performed within the laboratory.
Responsibilities will include histology preparation (will train) of human and mouse tissue, running general molecular biology assays, cell and organoid culture, and running and managing mouse experiments. Some general lab management may also be required.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least 4 years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience demonstrating expertise in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience demonstrating expertise in the relevant specialization.
• Experience in general mouse experiments and procedures strongly preferred.
• Experience or desire to learn procedures associated with organoid creation and culture helpful.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02418
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)