Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are looking for a clinical informatician or an applied machine learning researcher to drive long term clinical informatics research. This individual must have extensive experience developing clinical data analysis and predictive modeling and excel at collaborating with domain experts. In this role, the successful candidate will be able to follow the data, explore diverse modeling approaches, and strong at communicating results to scientific and research communities. Must enjoy and be effective at working in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and challenging environment.
• PhD in either Statistics, Bioinformatics or a Computer Science related field.
• More than one year of post-doctoral experience.
• Must have extensive experience developing models using clinical informatics and excel at collaborating with clinical domain experts.
• Publication record or product implementation record that demonstrates ability to build models for novel domains.
• Experience working with very large clinical datasets.
• Experience implementing models in R, python or other relevant languages.
• Experience in working with biological databases.
• Knowledge of Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership Common Data Model (OMOP-CDM), and experience transforming data sets into OMOP schema.
• Experience with clinical data analysis and querying clinical data to extract insights to research questions; understanding of clinical data types and how to link data sets from diverse sources.
• Experience with management, analysis and collection of Real World Evidence data to support RWE initiatives.
• Experience collaborating with interdisciplinary teams.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02406
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)