Open date: March 6th, 2019
Last review date: Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Sep 6, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding candidate to fill a Senior Research Scientist position. The ideal candidate will be able to independently develop, guide, and complete research projects.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working independently and collaboratively to develop and complete research projects
• Training lab members, including guiding and troubleshooting experiments for PhD students, postdocs, and laboratory staff
• Possess a PhD degree or equivalent research experience.
• Applicants need to be self-motivated, fast learners, critical thinkers, and enthusiastic about science and medicine.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot experiments.
• At least 2 years of experience working with mammalian cell lines in culture.
• Experience performing basic molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, and protein expression analysis.
• Candidates must meet the requirements by the time of appointment.
• Postdoctoral training with expertise in cancer biology.
• Experience performing gene transfer studies using lentiviral infection of human cell cultures.
• Experience performing knock-down experiments using siRNA, lentiviral infection and CRISPR-based techniques.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02399
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)