Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist- Krogan Lab
The Krogan Lab (http://kroganlab.ucsf.edu) is a highly collaborative laboratory focusing on the molecular networks underpinning infectious disease, carcinogenesis and psychiatric disorders. We seek a motivated, skilled Junior or Assistant Specialist to help develop primary cell culturing and genetic engineering protocols for use in studying the human genes underling pathogen infection and replication. The position will involve the handling of primary human blood and tissue samples, in-vitro culturing and genetic engineering with CRISPR/Cas9, and handling of pathogens such as Influenza and HIV. This role is an excellent opportunity to learn a number of valuable, cutting-edge techniques while working with an ambitious and friendly research team.
This position requires a bachelors or masters degree in the biological sciences and 1-5 years of molecular biology laboratory experience. Our ideal applicant is a problem solver with a positive attitude, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to learn and implement methodology efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or equivalent for Junior Rank Appointment
- Master’s degree in the biological sciences or equivalent for Assistant Rank Appointment
- Cell / tissue culture experience
- Molecular cloning and/or polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Must possess skills by the time of appointment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Western blot
- Flow cytometry
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Handling of blood and tissue samples
- Culturing of primary human immune cells
- Experience handling BSL2 and BSL3 pathogens such as HIV.
- Genetic engineering using CRISPR/Cas9
- Quantitative PCR
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint
- Adobe Illustrator
- Experience managing large datasets and/or databases
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online with a CV, cover letter, and 3 references (contact information only) at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02302
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)