Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Bioinformatics Specialist – Kratz Lab
The Kratz Lab at the UCSF Department of Surgery, Division of Adult Cardiothoracic Surgery and CSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center is looking for a specialist at the Assistant or Associate level.
Bioinformatics Specialist position available immediately to a highly motivated and self-reliant individual with a background in bioinformatics and/or statistics.
The applicant will work with large datasets generated from high throughput sequencing (NGS, whole exome sequencing, RNAseq), gene expression (GE), MC-MS based proteomics, methylation, and metabolomics. Using advanced bioinformatics tools and techniques, the applicant will participate in cutting-edge oncology research aimed at the understanding, detection, and cure of early metastasis in cancer.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank must possess at minimum a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of experience in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or related field.
• Experience in working with large biological datasets and facility with alignment, annotation, variant calling, RNAseq analysis, functional analysis, etc. is preferred
• Experience with building bioinformatics pipelines is preferred
• Experience and intimate familiarity with advanced bioinformatic techniques such as elastic net, neural networks, machine learning, AI, etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of command line, R, and Python is required
• Strong communication and writing skills is required
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02251.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)