Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Department of Pediatrics
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is recruiting up to five Board certified general pediatricians (full time or part time positions) at the Assistant, Associate or Professor rank, in the Health Sciences Faculty Series at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, the UCSF-affiliated safety net hospital.
The successful candidates will become members of the Pediatric Service at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, a dynamic group of 40 faculty members who are dedicated to scholarship, patient care, and medical education. Preference will be given to candidates with outstanding clinical and teaching skills, a demonstrated commitment to urban, underserved pediatric patients, and a demonstrated commitment to academic medicine and education.
Duties will include clinical work in the outpatient Children’s Health Center in primary, urgent, and specialty care, as well as attending on the Pediatric Inpatient unit.
In addition, qualified candidates may assume leadership roles in primary care, early childhood programs, and other administrative opportunities within the department.
• Board certified in Pediatrics
• Eligibility for California medical licensure
• Minimum of two years’ experience providing clinical care to children from birth through 21 years of age
• Demonstrated commitment to urban underserved pediatric patients
• Demonstrated skills in collaborative teamwork
• Experience working with and supervising residents and medical students in a clinical setting
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Experience caring for children with significant social challenges and special health care needs
• Quality Improvement experience and training
• Experience with ACEs and Healthy Steps
• Prior experience with change management and leading administrative projects
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02241
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)