Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior or Assistant Specialist - Department of Dermatology
A genomics-oriented epidermal biology laboratory at the UCSF Mission Bay Campus is looking to appoint a specialist to perform molecular biology assays with a focus on mouse and human immunology. We are looking to support a highly-motivated independent thinker who can eventually take advantage of opportunities for independent research.
The appointee will be responsible for working with skin cell populations, but a general background in immunology assays and experimentation is preferred, including flow cytometry, CyTOF, proliferation and stimulation assays, and mouse genetics. We expect the appointee to participate in and receive authorship in scientific articles and to contribute to the intellectual environment of the laboratory.
- Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of research experience.
- 1.5 year commitment to working in the lab
- Candidates must possess the required qualifications by the start date.
- General background in immunology assays and experimentation is preferred, including flow cytometry, CyTOF, proliferation and stimulation assays, and mouse genetics.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02206, with a CV and cover letter.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)