Open date: October 29th, 2018
Last review date: Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist – Larson lab
This position will support the development of advanced MRI technology under the supervision of Prof. Peder Larson, with a focus on projects related to performing lung MRI and hyperpolarized metabolic MRI.
- Specialist appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience
- Specialist appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank must possess a Master's degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of research experience
- Specialist appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of research experience
- Knowledge of MRI physics, pulse sequences and image reconstruction
- Must have strong programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Python, C/C++ or equivalent) and communication skills to work with an interdisciplinary team
Exceptional candidates will also be given the opportunity to develop their own independent research projects.
Applicants must submit a:
(1) CV which includes a description of past research experience
(2) Personal Statement outlining your research interests and long-term goals
(3) List of 3 References and contact info
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02194
Curriculum Vitae - Include a description of past research experience
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Personal Statement - outlining your research interests and long-term goals
- 3 required (contact information only)