Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are seeking a full-time Specialist who will work on studies related to acute and chronic rejection in solid organ transplantation. This position will be a mixture of bench research and biomedical informatics research. The incumbent will be responsible for performing molecular immunology experiments and developing novel software to address analytic challenges.
The incumbent will work in the UCSF Department of Surgery Transplant Research Lab and San Francisco VA Health Care System Lung transplant research group. In addition to an extensive range of research studies, our major emphasis is on training and mentorship. Thus this position would be a good fit for a current or future graduate student in bioinformatics, immunology, or medicine. The candidate will be expected to perform initial analyses independently and prepare manuscript drafts.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Coursework in biosciences or pre-medical courses.
• Experience with RNA-sequencing, quantitative PCR, and protein purification.
• Experience in SQL (or Access) and R (eg. ggplot, bioconductor) programming.
• Mouse and tissue culture experience.
• Prior publication experience.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02130
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents