Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Behavioral Health Psychologist, San Francisco VA Health Care System
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for Psychologists in the San Francisco Medical Center (SFVAMC) Mental Health Service. Programmatic support for the position also includes start-up funding and designated office and research space within the Mental Health Service at the SFVAMC. The candidate will be proposed for appointment as an SFVAMC affiliate-paid Professor in the In Residence/Adjunct/HS Clinical series at a rank commensurate with experience. Start date is variable.
• MD or equivalent, board certified or board-eligible in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment OR PhD/PsyD in clinical/counseling psychology from an American Psychological Association (APA) approved program or equivalent, postdoctoral training in psychology or equivalent, and licensed to practice psychology in California at the time of appointment
• Fulfills requirements to obtain VA Health Care System employment
• Demonstrated experience and/or training in the VA Health Care System, working with veteran populations, and understanding and delivering specialized treatment needs
• Demonstrated understanding of the VA Health Care System
• Demonstrated understanding behavioral health in the primary care setting (e.g., mood and anxiety management secondary to health conditions, chronic pain, weight loss, diabetes management, tobacco use cessation, sleep hygiene)
• Demonstrated active portfolio of externally funded clinical research at a high level of investigative independence involving complex research programs and/or multi-site research trials or collaborations
• Perform direct clinical care as part of Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI) team
• Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, or Co-Investigator level on externally funded research projects
• Maintain active portfolio of externally funded clinical research at a high level of investigative independence involving complex research programs and/or multi-site research trials or collaborations
• Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02010
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)