Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
IND Molecular/Cell Biologist Professional Researcher Series
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is recruiting a molecular/cell biologist for the Professional Researcher Series. The director of the IND is Nobel Laureate Dr. Stanley Prusiner.
Responsibilities for this position are to design, develop and validate novel tools for the study of neurodegenerative diseases, then perform translational research to incorporate these tools into the existing drug discovery platform at the IND. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in assay development and pharmaceutical research and will join a multi-disciplinary team of scientists dedicated to finding a cure for neurodegenerative diseases by discovering small molecule drugs that prevent the propagation of misfolded proteins in cells, animal models, and eventually, human patients. The candidate should have strong practical experience in assay development. He or she should have excellent management and communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- Must possess a doctorate or its equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a drug discovery environment developing and conducting screening assays with practical examples of how these assays advanced drug discovery programs
- Research experience and publications showing in depth understanding of modern pharmacology.
- Practical experience testing small molecule drug candidates and collaborating with drug discovery scientists in diverse fields, including medicinal chemists.
- Applicants should possess excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as exhibit evidence of imagination in problem solving.
- A demonstrated superb command of oral and written English is required.
- Must possess the required qualifications by the time of the appointment.
- Specific qualifications include the following: experience running enzymatic assays, high content cellular assays, FRET assays, Western blots, immunoprecipitation, RT-PCR, protein purification, HPLC, cell line differentiation, stable transfection and cloning.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01977
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - Cover letter should include 1-2 paragraphs describing applicant's research experience and long-term goals.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)