Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Henrich Lab is now recruiting for a Professional Researcher at the Assistant or Associate rank. The general responsibilities of this position are to carry out research in the area of HIV reservoirs and curative strategies in the context of treated HIV disease, including writing grants, devising appropriate research strategies, designing and carrying out experiments, interpreting data, reporting the results and interpretation of the experiments to internal and external audiences, and preparing and submitting scholarly papers for peer-review. As a relatively senior member of the lab, this individual will also be expected to provide a leadership and mentoring role, particularly for the younger trainees and those whom are supervised during the course of the above work.
• Appointees in the Professional Research series must possess a doctorate or its equivalent.
• Ability to independently operate, troubleshoot, and analyze data from a 4-laser, 19-parameter BD FACSAria cell sorter.
• Ability to independently operate, troubleshoot, and analyze data from a 4-laser, 14 or 19-parameter BD LSRII flow cytometer.
• Ability to independently operate, troubleshoot, and analyze data from real-time quantitative PCR platforms.
• Previous experience with the design and execution of patient-oriented studies in the context of HIV disease.
• Familiarity with next-generation sequencing technologies.
• Track record of independent research.
• Completion of post-doctoral fellowship.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01944
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)