Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
For specialist advertisement:
• PhD in cell biology/molecular biology or a related discipline, with 5+ years experience in HTS and/or stem cell biology and generation of progenitor cells from various sources such as patient-specific iPSCs, transdifferentiation methodologies
• Outstanding understanding of cellular pathways related to normal function versus disease function, in conjunction with stem cell biology and CRISPR applied methods
• Specialist in screening compounds, generating progenitor cells (cardiac and/or non-cardiac)
• Demonstrated proficiency in:
• Molecular basis of disease (eg. Cardiovascular disease
• Robotic/automated laboratory apparatus for running high throughput assays including cell-based screening assays for High-throughput assay development (HTS) to detect lead drug-compounds.
• Modulating cellular pathways by genetic and pharmacologic means
• Demonstrated proficiency in cell and molecular biology techniques including:
• Immune-histological staining (fluorescent/non-fluorescent)
• Modulating/engineering cells via genetic manipulation in vitro systems. For example using CRISPR, viral vectors, RNAi, shRNA, or related methods.
• Cell death assays
• FACS-based assays
• Protein arrays (pathway arrays)
• Western blot analyses, ELISAs, qPCR
• IPS (induced pluripotent stem cell) technology/experimentations
• Targeted RNA sequencing
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01941
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)