Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
FACULTY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Family and Community Medicine Residency Program Department of Family and Community Medicine, UCSF
Appointment As: Assistant, Associate, or Full HS Clinical Professor or Professor of Clinical Family and Community Medicine, depending on experience and qualifications. FCM is a National Health Service Corps site and this position may qualify for loan repayment assistance under this program.
The UCSF Department of Family and Community Medicine is searching for two faculty positions: an Assistant/Associate/Co-Director of the Family Medicine Inpatient Service (FMIS) and a Faculty Team Lead at the Family Health Center (FHC), both as part of the UCSF Family and Community Medicine Residency Program at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.
- For FMIS Asst/Assoc/Co-Director, job responsibilities include supervising teams of residents and medical students as an attending on FMIS; working with the FMIS Director on educational programs and quality improvement initiatives related to the service; and collaborating with hospital leadership and staff. We would prefer applicants who have interest in both providing outpatient primary care and teaching residents in the primary care clinic.
- For FHC Faculty Team Lead, job responsibilities include supervising residents in their outpatient clinical care at the FHC; providing direct primary care to a panel of patients; providing mentorship of ambulatory primary care to a group of residents; and collaborating with interdisciplinary clinic leadership on areas such as quality improvement and team-building. This position would also include attending on the inpatient service and/or providing care at the hospital’s SNF.
- We are also looking for a faculty member to provide leadership and oversight in several key curricular areas, including diversity/equity/inclusion; advocacy and community engagement; and the overarching 3-year residency program curriculum. These areas of responsibility could be integrated into either of the above positions.
- For both job positions, prior experience with and commitment to working with underserved populations and racially and ethnically diverse patients, learners, and staff is essential.
Qualifications: Must be certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and have a valid California medical license. Must have previous teaching and/or curricular development experience. Prior experience and commitment to working with underserved populations, racially and ethnically diverse patients and staff is essential.
Application Requirements: CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Statement of Teaching, and 3 Department solicited references
Beginning Date of Appointment: appointment to commence as soon as possible
Cut-off Date for Applying: File by January 31, 2019. Open until filled
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01931
Contact: Margaret Stafford, MD
Department of Family and Community Medicine San Francisco General Hospital, Ward 83
995 Potrero Ave., Ward 83 San Francisco, CA 94110 (415) 206-4662
To apply for this position, please submit on line though the unique link above to the UCSF AP Recruit portal with an e-mail notification to Jill Thomas @ Jill.Thomas@ucsf.edu at time of application.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information