Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior or Assistant Specialist, Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, UCSF
Ideal Opportunity for a recent graduate with significant undergraduate laboratory experience to undertake additional research training and experience before enrolling into Graduate or Medical School.
AVAILABLE: A position is available for a motivated recent graduate contemplating admission into Graduate or Medical School within the next year and a half or with a Master’s degree or at the least 5 years of relevant research experience. The individual will need to have had significant exposure to undergraduate lab research, familiar with cloning and cell/molecular biology, cell culture and/or biochemical techniques, to undertake an independent research project under close guidance and supervision. The project will focus on the proteolytic degradation of enzymes/proteins of pathophysiological relevance. He/she will also need to assist with some lab tasks and other lab members ≈ <25% of the time.
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & ABILITIES:
- Applicants must possess a degree (BS or higher) in biochemistry/cell biology/ cell physiology/ molecular biology from a U.S. University by the time of the appointment.
- A Master’s degree or at the least 5 years of relevant research experience are required for the appointment at the Assistant level.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English fluently
- Basic biochemical, molecular/cell biological and analytic skills
- Experience with cell culture desirable.
- Willingness to have flexible work-schedule (hours). The experiments may require longer than 9-10 hr for completion once initiated and require media exchanges over the weekend.
- Previous hands-on laboratory experience or an undergraduate laboratory thesis research experience.
Eligible candidates who fulfill the criteria listed above are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by submitting a cover letter, their resume listing their research experience relevant to job description and the names, telephones and addresses of at least 3 separate academic/professional references to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01927.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Lisa Poon at Lisa.Poon@ucsf.edu or
Prof. M. A. Correia
Dept. of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, Box 2280
600, 16th St, Genentech Hall
University of California,
San Francisco, CA 94158-2517
(415) 476-3992; FAX (415) 502-2467
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. In the CV, please list your research experience relevant to job description
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)