Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, San Francisco
Junior or Assistant Specialist- Knight Lab
The Department of Physiology is now recruiting for Junior or Assistant Specialists. This is a research position in a neurobiology laboratory studying the neural circuits in the mouse brain that control food intake and related physiologic responses. The successful candidate will be expected to lead a research project, including: (1) designing experiments, (2) analyzing data, (3) presenting data at laboratory meetings, and (4) performing experiments. Experiments performed will include stereotaxic surgeries to deliver viruses and implant optical fibers in the mouse brain; histology on mouse brain slices; behavioral assays using optogenetics and chemogenetics; in vivo calcium imaging; mouse colony maintenance; and slice electrophysiology.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess an undergraduate degree in Biology or related discipline by the start date
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a Master’s degree or an equivalent level of research experience by the start date
- At least one year experience working in an academic biology research laboratory
- Independent specialized research
- Experience performing stereotaxic surgeries in mice or rats
- Experience performing histology on mouse brain slices
- Experience with behavioral assays in mice or rats
- Experience with optogenetics, in vivo calcium imaging, or electrophysiology
- Experience with MATLAB or other programming/computing languages
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online submit your CV to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01926
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)