Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF Department of Neurology
The incumbent will assist in the conduct of clinical research aimed at identifying causes and treatments for Parkinson’s disease (PD) and related disorders. Tasks will include study coordination and data collection and data management.
- Serve as primary support to Principal Investigator(s) identifying causes and evaluating treatments for PD
- Under the direction of Principal Investigator(s) and Specialists, will develop, conduct, and coordinate all phases of epidemiological studies. Will assist in all phases of study implementation, study coordination, data collection and data management.
- Along with the Principal Investigator(s) and Specialists, may oversee day-to-day work of research associates and other members of the clinical research team.
- Ensure that all studies adhere to federal and state IRB requirements and protection of human subjects.
- Ensure that all regulatory activities adhere to internal procedures for archiving and reporting.
- Oversee activities involving the planning and conduct of Investigator meetings, steering committee meetings, conference calls, and related activities. Ensure the meetings occur at appropriate time intervals.
- Assist with publication of study results, manuscripts and presentation for the scientific community.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Conduct project-specific activities including:
Study Coordination and Data Collection
- Identify subjects, develop recruitment and retention strategies, and screen and enroll study subjects.
- Schedule subjects for study visits; meet with them to administer questionnaires, collect medical history and perform study procedures.
- Maintain rapport and relationships with subjects to ensure effective communication and retention; respond to their diverse needs, schedule follow-up appointments, and become their intermediary
- Obtain informed consent; review information with subjects; assess and advocate for patient safety throughout each protocol procedure.
- Oversee subject reimbursement; work to resolve discrepancies and issues.
- Work with staff to ensure procedures are completed, specimens properly stored, and required data collected at visits; and ensure correct shipping and labeling measures.
- Coordinate, communicate and network with other studies and technicians to ensure scheduling efficiency; communicate with any affiliated groups.
- Conduct reviews of medical charts and electronic records to extract medical information and other data for use in studies.
Data management and reporting of results
- Collect data during subject visits; enter data from visits, procedures, lab tests, and other subject-related participation into databases in a timely manner.
- Assist in creation and management of study databases
- Assist in creation and maintenance of comprehensive data sets
- Maintain data collection forms for effective data collection, entry, and analysis.
- Perform queries and analysis in databases.
Quality control procedures
- Assist in oversight and implementation of data integrity
- Update and maintain a procedure manual documenting all study-related procedures; help develop plans to ensure consistency in data collection and data entry.
- Enter new study protocols into the Committee on Human Research (CHR) online system;
- Submit study modifications as needed
- Submit continuing reviews as required
- Maintain IRB binders
- Use sound judgment to maintain patient confidentiality when communicating with agencies, healthcare providers, other studies, and outside departments.
- Participate in and cooperate with any internal and external audits or reviews of study protocols; prepare necessary documentation.
- Education and Experience: -Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) -Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization. -Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization. -Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a PhD (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
- Demonstrated strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through
- Willing to travel to various UCSF campuses, physician offices and field facilities throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is required
- Applicants must possess these qualifications at the time of hire.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in Filemaker Pro and SPSS
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance (strongly preferred)
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Experience with regulatory submissions
- Fluency in spoken and written Korean and/or Japanese and/or Vietnamese is preferred
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
To apply: Please apply on-line and submit a cover letter and CV to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01908
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)