Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Division Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01905
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) seeks a dynamic and visionary clinician-leader to serve as the Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics (LPPHC). This is a full-time position that will be associated with significant resources, in the context of a high priority area for the Department, and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor rank in the appropriate series based on experience with a start date of September 1, 2018 or thereafter. The Division Chief will be recognized with the Robert Porter Distinguished Professorship in Child Psychiatry.
• Physician applicants for the Division Director role must have an MD or equivalent; be board certified in Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; licensed to practice medicine in California; and, have demonstrated clinical and educational experience in child and adolescent psychiatry at time of appointment.
• Demonstrated clinical and educational experience, scholarship, and management skills in child and adolescent psychiatric services.
• Demonstrated teaching ability.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity-informed practice.
• Report to the Vice Chair for Child Behavioral Health
• Facilitate continued growth and integration of child and adolescent-focused psychiatric and behavioral services, including collaborative alliances with developmental pediatrics, adolescent medicine, child neurology, and clinical and developmental psychology
• Address a set of key opportunities and challenges, including helping to recruit and support faculty, improve access to mental health services for children and families, support the training mission of the Division, and serve as a leader and key partner within the Department of Psychiatry
• Direct and oversee child mental health services within The Langley Porter Hospital and Clinics, including the planned expansion of child and adolescent psychiatric services at the new Child Teen and Family Center in Mission Bay to be completed in 2020.
• Participate in Department and University service
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01905.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)