Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Physiological Nursing is seeking an Assistant or Associate Specialist. The candidate for this position will be a core member of UCSF Hu Lab to provide software development capacity to translate advanced signal processing and machine learning algorithms for data from patient monitors and electronic health record systems into clinical software tools. The candidate will also provide software development support for UCSF Hu Lab to have better lab infrastructure and tools to streamline the process in research data access, data management, and data transformation.
The candidate will
• Adhere to agile software development approach
• Work with researchers in Hu lab and collaborating researchers and clinicians to understand the requirement of the software
• Document the software requirement using tools such as JIRA
• Adopt modern software development stack and framework such as NodeJs and React
• Use GitHub to manage software source code and the release
• Use JIRA to document new features
• Provide timely responses to inquiries and feature request
• Provide software documentation and demonstration, e.g., for users
Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in software development or relevant specialization.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training. Please submit a CV online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01896.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)