Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Health Sciences Clinical – Assistant/Associate/Full Professor PNP/ACPNP
Full-time/Part-time ~ multi-slot
The University of California San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Family Health Care Nursing is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time or part-time appointment as a Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor, in the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), and/or the Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (ACPNP) program. We also have opportunities for such faculty to serve as Specialty Coordinator for one or more Pediatric Programs. Clinical practice opportunities may be available as a percentage of the full-time or part-time position.
Major faculty responsibilities include:
• teach Advanced Practice Nursing students in the classroom, skills lab/simulation, and clinical setting with a focus in primary, chronic, and/or acute care pediatrics
• schedule and supervise PNP/ACPNP students in the clinical environment for clinical rotations and service learning activities
• advise and mentor PNP/ACPNP students
• support grant and academic clinical partnership activities
• advance the APRN role through scholarly activities
Major specialty coordinator responsibilities include:
• oversight of specialty curriculum and competencies
• clinical site and preceptor development for the specialty
• oversight of students in academic jeopardy and design of learning contracts
• management of specialty volunteer faculty
• oversight of specialty budget
• mentoring of junior faculty in the specialty ~ in teaching, mentoring, creative activities and scholarly work
• development of academic clinical partnership and grants for the specialty
• represent the specialty at local, regional, and national professional venues
• work in collaboration with departmental and school administration/leadership team
Education/Licensure – Minimum (required):
• Masters or Doctoral degree in Nursing
• California Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing licensure, or eligibility
• National certification as Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Primary and/or Acute Care
Experience – Minimum (required):
• Two or more years of clinical experience as an advanced practice nurse in pediatric primary care, chronic/specialty care, and/or acute care settings
Additional Experience – Ideal (desired):
• Clinical experience working with underserved and diverse populations
• Clinical experience working in interprofessional team-based care
• Two or more years of classroom and/or clinical teaching experience with Advanced Practice Nursing students at the graduate level
• Evidence of teaching excellence in classroom and/or clinical environments
• Evidence in strong leadership skills in clinical and/or academic settings
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum
• Participation and/or leadership experience at professional organizations
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, and electronic health record system
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish & Chinese languages.
Please submit your CV, cover letter, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity, and key publications and recent syllabi for courses taught, if applicable at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01878.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Key Publications (Optional)
Recent Course Syllabi (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)