Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
OB/GYN Hospitalist - Academic Position UCSF
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California San Francisco is seeking several board certified ObGyn Hospitalists at the level of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor to join the Division of Ob/Gyn & Gyn Subspecialties (OGGS) and establish a new hospitalist program at UCSF.
The primary focus of the Hospitalists will be the clinical care of general obstetrical patients at UCSF. Work duties average 7 24-hour shifts per month. Responsibilities will include:
- Attendance in OB triage: this includes the direct care of patients in triage as the primary provider and supervision of a rotating “triage team” that may include medical students, residents, fellows, CNMs and NPs.
- Attendance in postpartum: this includes the direct care of our complicated postpartum patients and providing consultation to the postpartum NP and CNM team that attends to low risk postpartum patients.
- Back up attendance for L&D that includes being the primary or assistant surgeon in C/S, operative vaginal delivery and spontaneous vaginal delivery.
- Serving as primary or assistant surgeon on placenta accreta cases.
- Cover emergency GYN cases as needed.
- Participation in unit based leadership team and quality improvement initiatives.
- Oversight and assurance of unit protocols, policies, and quality measures.
- Opportunity to participate in unit based clinical research.
The successful applicants will demonstrate an aptitude for and dedication to medical education including direct teaching and mentorship of CNMs, nurse practitioners, fellows, residents, CNM interns and medical students.
Candidates must have demonstrated capability and experience in providing evidence-based and patient-centered ObGyn care and in collaborating and coordinating care in clinical teams that enhance the patient experience with a commitment to excellence in clinical care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction.
The successful candidates must hold an MD or DO degree and be board certified in Ob/Gyn. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience and achievements.
Please submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, a statement of teaching, a statement of contributions to diversity and contact information for two references (contact info only) to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01858
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01858
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)