Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
CHIEF, DIVISION OF UROGYNECOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS, GYNECOLOGY AND REPRODUCTIVE SCIENCES
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California San Francisco seeks an accomplished urogynecologist to create, build, and lead the Urogynecology Division. The division chief provides leadership and management to faculty members working at four campuses (Mt. Zion, Mission Bay, Parnassus, and Zuckerberg San Francisco General) as well as affiliate hospitals including St. Francis (Dignity) of San Francisco, in order to support the department mission and goals for patient care, research, education, and public service.
- Lead, direct, and oversee Urogynecology clinical services.
- Work closely with the UCSF Chair of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences and other departmental and institutional leaders to advance the core departmental missions of providing outstanding clinical services, developing and leading world-class research and training programs, and serving the San Francisco and broader Bay Area communities.
- Work collaboratively with leaders and physicians in the Department of Urology to foster joint transdisciplinary clinical and research programmatic development
- Develop clinical programs with strategic partners of UCSF (e.g. Dignity Health) to promote expansion and growth of the clinical service line
- Faculty academic management to establish goals, metrics for success, and accountability in areas of research, education, patient care, service, and scholarship.
- Faculty, staff, and trainee recruitment, mentorship, feedback, and development.
- Fiscal oversight and management of division business plans and assets to assure solvency and promote growth of reserves.
- Provide teaching and supervision of trainees, and support innovation and expansion in our clinical and educational programs.
- Enhance the division’s national reputation in research and scholarship, as measured by its portfolio of high impact publications and research funding.
- MD or equivalent, board certified or equivalent in Urogynecology and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment.
- Significant experience in professional clinical practice and leadership, post training.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, administration, and organization of clinical services, research, and education in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with culturally diverse trainee and patient populations.
- Established record of clinical, research, and educational program development and leadership.
- Knowledge or experience in a leadership role in an academic environment, including familiarity with academic personnel and faculty with primary research careers.
- Knowledge or experience in the provision of urogynecology services in an acute hospital setting.
Salary and academic rank will be at the Associate Professor or Professor level, commensurate with experience and achievements.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01844 and submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of research, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity and contact information for three references.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01844
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information